Things have been very busy here in the last few days and I haven't posted much - even though I have TONS to say. My intention is to attempt to post more in the next few days and hopefully hit the high points one post at a time. Just bear with me.
In my last post, I gave you all some lovely pictures of myself at 12 and 14 weeks pregnant. For those pictures, I didn't really feel like I looked pregnant - just a little bit chunky perhaps.
The Be-Band
Starting at around 9 or 10 weeks, I had been wearing my "smaller" regular pants with a Be-Band and my "larger" regular pants as they were. I was wearing work pants every day, so I had a good selection to choose from. I wasn't entirely pleased with how the Be-Band was working - I had been doubling it over because I didn't like the way it was so thin when I wore it as a single layer - I didn't want people to see my underwear or the obviousness that my pants weren't buttoned. The problem with this was that the band slipped up over the back of my pants. Every. Time. I. Sat. Down. And in case I haven't told you all this fact, I can't wear low rise pants because I have the World's Largest Butt crack. Seriously, yo. If this were a category in the Guinness Book of World Records, you would see my name there. The crack is just way too big for the size of my rear. But I have digressed.
Having the Be-Band ride up was extremely annoying. But, I stopped working and we moved to Michigan. And I put the Be-Band in a drawer because...
Enter the Sweat Pants
Don't get me wrong. It isn't as if I was wearing sweat pants all day, every day. I put on jeans to go out in public. But if all you are doing is working the phones in you apartment and the only time you go outside is to walk the dogs, why would you bother getting dressed up, right? Besides, the sweat pants didn't dig into my belly. They didn't slide down and show the World Record Butt crack. They were comfy.
AND
Enter the New Wardrobe
When we arrived in Michigan, my MIL gave be a great pair of stretchy jeans that have skinny legs that work great with tall boots (which is important in the snow). These jeans have so much give that they easily stretched over my growing midsection and didn't dig in. Derek is absolutely amazed at the give in these pants. But, they stretch so much that I have baggy ass syndrome a few minutes after I put them on, so they only get worn with long sweaters.
In addition, my friend Jill had loaned me some Maternity Clothes. I had realized shortly after we arrived in Michigan that some of my pre-pregnancy clothes weren't going to last much longer without looking like a trashy woman showing some skin on her fat belly. So, I packed up these clothes and pulled out the winter maternity clothes. I am not wearing most of them yet, but there were a couple of pairs of pants that weren't way too big.
So, these pants have been what I have gone to for my trips out of the apartment. Having the extra stretch from the stretchy jeans and the maternity pants has been wonderful and so roomy and comfy! My only complaint?
I don't know what the problem is, but I seem to have problems keeping the pants up when I walk. It isn't as if they end up around my ankles or anything. But the crotch slips down too low and I feel as if I should be wearing some really wildly colored boxers, wearing a hat sideways, and walking with some swagger. For Realz, Gee. And it isn't just annoying because of the fashion faux pas of wearing my pants too low. When you live in Michigan and it is winter, there is this thing called SNOW you have to deal with. And if your pants are too low, your pants legs drag the snow and you spend the day with wet pants (and you didn't even pee yourself).
So, does anyone have any suspenders???
Yesterday, I needed to do some laundry and I didn't have the motivation (more on that later), so I went back to a pre-pregnancy jean with the Be-Band. This time I didn't double it up, just wore the single layer and made sure my shirt was long enough to cover the thin layer of fabric. This seemed to work better as far as riding up over the back of the pants. But WOW. I realized just how much my belly has grown in the last 3 weeks. I will let you all see after the next photo op this weekend.
5 comments:
I thought the best combo was the bella band with the secret fit belly maternity pants with the full panel. They kept up the maternity pants before I was big enough to hold 'em up on well on my own, but after I couldn't wear my pre-preg pants. But like you, the band didn't live up to the hype for me. Jealous that you get to wear sweatpants so often!
Okay glad to know that I am not the only one with issues with the be band!!!! I have been using it since around 10 weeks or so, I am currently 18 wks 6days and still wearing my reg. jeans with the be band but it drives me CRAZY! Constantly pulling my pants up and readjusting the band. At first I tried doubling it over like it suggested but it just gave me muffin top and made me look fat UGH! Anyhoo glad you can wear sweats- so so comfy:)
UGH girl I hear you on the BeBand. I have been wearing it because I got really bloated for the first few weeks. Now I'm not so bloated but I feel huge. I think it's weight gain from the FET meds or something because it's way too high on my belly to be baby at this point. But YEAH the BeBand rides up in the back all friggin' day long. :(
PS- Gave you an award!
I tried the band from target and didn't do too well with it either. I didn't like that it moved around and that someone might see that I had my pants unbuttoned and unzipped if I moved wrong. I have just been buying larger sizes at the moment - I have 1x pants I can wear to work at the moment. I don't really have any maternity clothing yet.
Post a Comment