Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Rolling Over - Tummy to Back

I am one proud Mommy.  Tonight, during tummy time, Carder rolled over from his tummy to his back!!!  He is 3 months and 1 week, so this was right on time.  Derek and I were both home and watching him when he did this.

About 2 weeks ago, I began using a rolled up towel under his arms during tummy time.  This extra height made his view more interesting and he began to tolerate a little longer stretches.  And, as he learned that tummy time was more interesting if he looked up, he began lifting his head even higher during tummy time (even without the towel) and is supporting himself on his arms.

Over the last 2 weeks - as you can imagine- Carder's head control during tummy time has greatly improved.  This is also been the result of carrying him upright on my shoulder - he loves being able to look around and prefers to be held this way - so he is getting really good at being able to control his head this way as well.   

This, coupled with the fact that he was beginning to lean a bit to one side or the other occasionally during tummy time, was leading me to believe that he would be reaching this milestone before much longer.  I am so glad that I didn't miss it.

6 comments:

Kerri said...

The first milestones are SO exciting! Way to go, Carder! And I'm glad you were there to witness it, Mama!! xoxo

sienna said...

This is great! I was very lax on tummy time the first two months, so we are far behind and not close to rolling over yet. Started being more religious about it after reading other blogs where it became an issue and I was like oops!

happymomof4 said...

YAY, WAY TO GO Carder!!!!!!

Ashley said...

Yay Carder!

Jamie said...

Hurray for Carder!!!

Once Upon A Time said...

Wohoo Carder! I am so glad you were there to see it, too!