2011 was a very interesting year for us. We quit our jobs, packed our bags, and moved to a new state. We lived in condo in an old Mental Hospital. We found out we were having a little boy. We bought and moved into a new house. We welcomed our little boy into this world 6 weeks early and life has never been and will never be the same. These last 6 1/2 months have flown by and our little boy is growing up so fast. He has been working so hard on attempting to sit independently and will be doing that before you know it!
Even though 2011 was the year that our dream to become parents came true, we jokingly dubbed this year the year of "Next Year" because there were so many activities we wanted to participate in here in our new city but couldn't due to my being pregnant or the fact that we had an infant. Today we decided that New Years Eve would continue in that tradition. As I mentioned in my post about Christmas, Carder is recovering from an ear infection. And I have a nasty cough. I actually went to Urgent Care today because my chest started feeling tight and I was diagnosed with a case of bronchitis. So, we will be ringing in the year in our home sitting on our couch instead of walking downtown to watch the Cherry Drop as we had originally planned. Derek is having a glass or two of wine and I have taken my medicine that contains Codeine and I plan on sleeping the new year right on in (much like I did last year when I was so tired from 1st trimester pregnancy that I couldn't keep my eyes open!)
This holiday season has been so busy and I haven't taken the time to put it out here just how thankful I am that THIS was the year that I didn't have to spend the holidays wishing for a baby. I am so thankful that 2011 was the year that we were blessed with Carder. My heart is blissfully full and I am truly happy. And grateful.
And I can't wait to see what 2012 has in store for us! I have a feeling it is going to be a wonderfully fun year!
For those still waiting, I hope that 2012 is YOUR year. You were all in my thoughts this holiday season.
1 comment:
You had quite the year! I hope your new year has even more wonderful things in store for you. Feel better soon, too!
Post a Comment