Sunday, February 19, 2012

Say My Name...

Last week, I heard the most beatiful sound in the world.  Carder said his first word - "Mama".  It was early in the morning and I was attempting to get some fluids in my sick little boy before I headed off to work.  He was one day short of 8 months old. 

In the days since, he has repeated this wonderful word over and over and over.  He is also practicing several other words as well.  We think we might have heard "Dada".  We have definitely heard Bas and Das and several consanant vowel combos... 

At this point, I realize that to him it is just babble and he doesn't realize that he has said something that is just melting my heart.  But it is completely melting my heart.

Not that long ago, I wasn't sure I would ever hear a child call me "Mama" unless it was in a game of pretend.  And now, here he is - babbling away.  The sweetest ones have been when he lifts his arms and reaches for me while babbling "Mama".

No comments: