Dear Carder,
I can't believe that you are one year old. It seems like only yesterday that I was in the hospital being induced. I still remember so many of the moments of that day like it was yesterday. I will never forget how my hear soared the first time I heard you cry.
But today, you have become a toddler. My sweet little baby boy is growing up - way too fast if you ask me.
You are approximately 31 inches tall (almost exactly half of your mother's height) and you are about 21 pounds (and I am not going to tell you how that weight compares to your mother's). To have started out your life as a premie, you have done a fabulous job of catching up. You are wearing some 12 month clothes and some 18 month clothes. The 12 month onesies are just about too short, as are some of the 12 month pants. However, the 12 month waistbands still fit you so much better. I am so thankful that it is summer and I don't have to worry about you tripping over you pants legs right now!
You are such a great eater! You have really gotten the hang of finger foods and I think purees are on their way out of your diet. Some of your favorites are spaghetti, sloppy joes, turkey loaf, sweet potato fries, and any type of fruit. Eating is messy business around here, but you love it so much and that makes me so happy.
At this point you have 3 teeth, although you have another one trying to break through. And, a recent visit to the doctor let us know that you have at least 4 more trying to come through as well. I guess that explains the drastic increase in your drooling lately! You have also recently started to bite a little bit. I really think it is because of the teething and I hope it is just a phase until you figure out something else to knaw on. Like a teething ring...I keep trying to offer you new items to see if I can interest you in something besides my chin and nose and shoulder.
You really are developing such a personality and it is so much fun to watch it emerge more and more each day. You are a very loving little boy - you love to give your daddy and I kisses. And the dogs. And the hippo that hangs on your crib. And Clifford the dog.
You are a sensitive little boy - just today I scholded Murfy for chewing on one of your toys and you got very upset because you thought I was scholding you.
You have also entered into a "Separation Anxiety" phase. You can't stand it for me to be a few steps away from you in the kitchen while you play. And dropping you off at day care breaks my heart because you cry for me when I leave you.
A new development this month is that you have begun pointing at what you want. It is nice to be able to identify what you want - and sometimes it is an item that I would have never thought you had any interest in. Another great development was that on the day after your birthday, you began to sign for the first time (MORE).
Your 12 month pictures aren't the greatest because you came down with a high fever that stuck around for 5 days (and turned out to be Roseola).
3 comments:
Wow, a year old already??!! I don't know how that happened so quickly. I'm sure you feel the same way. Happy birthday to your precious boy!
Happy Belated First Birthday!!!! They grow up so fast! My littlest one is a messy eater too, I think she does it on purpose because she LOVES her bath! LOL
As far as the biting its just a phase sounds like teething. Ive found a cold wash rag works great for teething/ curbing biting:) Good Luck!
I'm right there with Kerri...wow a whole year old! Happy Birthday, Carder! You are growing up so fast!
Post a Comment