So, a couple of nights ago, I had this really vivid dream.
Derek and I were given a baby. But it wasn't as if we had gone through the adoption process or anything. Someone just dropped the cute little girl off with us. But the funny thing was that we weren't even prepared for this event. We had no furniture. No diapers or clothes. No carseat.
And the whole dream was about us trying to get to the store to buy things for our newly acquired infant. (I yelled at Derek to drive carefully because I had to hold the baby (who was dressed in my Cabbage Patch Kid's clothes that were way too big on her and who was in a makeshift diaper made of several bandanas) as we drove to Tar.get to buy the necessary supplies for a newborn. All the while she peed all over the place.
I wonder exactly what that means?
(Sorry about the multiple posts at once. I have had them brewing in my head for the last couple of days and I just haven't had the time to just sit down and hammer them out!)
3 comments:
Maybe it means you are subconciously worried that you won't be ready for a baby whenyour some day arrives?
Maybe it means that your baby will come along when you least expect it?
Ugh, I hate weird dreams about important things and then stress you out in the dream. I think you will find your baby and the dream is just a way to release the fears you have about parenting. Everyone wonders if they can really do it. It's normal. And for some reason I think it becomes hightened when you don't have a child for so long because you are even more afraid that it won't be all of what you thought it would be once it does happen. It's like the greater you want a child, the greater you fear things could go terribly wrong once you do have a child.
You will be a wonderful mother and Derek will be an awesome father.
Post a Comment