Saturday, April 3, 2010

Progress At Last

After several weekends of not working on home improvements, we are finally making some progress.  We both had a 3 day weekend, so we are making the most of it.

The shower is actually starting to resemble a shower rather than a bunch of studs and a big black thing.  The backer board is up and we will be ready to start laying tile in the shower area tomorrow.

The vanity backsplash (which I refer to as the Wall-O-Tile) is halfway tiled.

Tomorrow I will finish the other side of the backsplash and then I will tile the shower floors.  I don't think I will be able to tile anything else though, because I won't be able to reach the area to be tile.

At times when I have been self sufficient in my tile preparations, Derek has been working on another phase of our landscaping project.  His parents had helped us to prepare the next bed area.  We had about 7 tons of egg sized river rock delivered today and he has been working on planting things and putting the rock in the bed.  I went to town tonight and picked up the rest of the plants that we needed to finish the landscaping on that side of the house.

If we finish at an early enough hour tomorrow night, I may try to post some pictures so you can all see just how kick ass we are and just how productive we can be given 3 straight days to work!

3 comments:

Once Upon A Time said...

Wow- way to be productive!

Lau said...

You have been busy, girly! I'd love to see some photos of all the progress.

Jamie said...

Can't wait to see the pics! You guys are too awesome!!!