Yup - Mother's Day yet again.
Why am I posting several days after Mother's Day, you ask?
Well, I spent several days dealing with pent up anger because I had to listen to numerous people wish me a Happy Mother's Day (what, do I have this stamped on my forehead that I would really rather you NOT tell me this???).
On Mother's Day, Derek and I went to the park for a walk. Although I really enjoyed the walk, there were parts that were so sad. So many Mothers were walking around the park with their children. I do have to give Derek some props though - instead of running ahead of me, he actually walked a lap beside me. And, when we were approached by the woman who had a little boy and was very pregnant with a second child - he felt my pain. He reached over and took my hand and squeezed because he knew that seeing her was tough on me. (I love you Honey! Thank you for being there for me!)
But this year, it is the gift that just keeps on giving.
My Mom (who, by the way, does not understand my aversion to this holiday) chose to go out of town and see her sister that weekend. So we will be celebrating Mother's Day this coming weekend. And if you need a translation? I get to experience the fun for two weekneds in a row. Yay for me.
6 comments:
I'm sorry, Carli. I hate that Mother's Day is getting dragged out for you too. I'm surprised that your mom doesn't understand why it would be such a hard day for you. Of course it is! I'm glad you have Derek's support even though that doesn't completely take away the pain. I love you & I can't wait until you get to celebrate your first Mother's Day.
Sorry this holiday will be dragging on for you...it really sucks
That stinks. You should definitely reward yourself for getting through 2 (!) M days once it is all over. Your strength continues to show in yet another situation. (And thank you soooo much for the card. You didn't have to do that! It makes my heart hurt for you that you had to look at M day cards to get it for me.)
Carli, I can't wait until you are able to look forward to this day in May for the rest of your life.
Ugh, the serial Mother's day wishes get me too. I got a few from some of my clients... Morons.
I'm sorry it was such a tough day. Would have been nice if the four of us were close enough to go out to dinner - or spend the day at the movies to escape it all. I really miss you.
Hope you're feeling a little better today. Whatever you do with your Mom this weekend, I say make sure the cokctails or wine are available and plentiful.
Hugs.
I'm so sorry to hear about your weekend, Carli. It makes it so much harder that people don't understand how it all feels.
I'm sending you a big hug.
I'm sorry that Mother's Day was a day of heartache for you. It was very sweet of Derek to be aware of your longing to be a mother with you. I am also very sorry that your own mother does not get it. I do not understand the disconnect that some people have with the pain of their own children.
You have such a big heart, Carli. Hugs!
Post a Comment