Monday, May 23, 2011

Something Wrong with the Water

In these last few weeks, I have begun to notice that it was getting harder and harder to drink my daily water.  By the end of the day, I was forcing myself to guzzle down several glasses of water.  (Read: Much water intake at end of day equals many nightly trips to pee by pregnant lady.)



This was really strange for me because (even prior to pregnancy) I have always carried a 24 ounce water bottle around with me and easily drank my recommended daily allowance.



On Saturday, Derek and I went out to eat.  I ordered my water with lime (not my normal restaurant routine) and I noticed just how great the water was.  I couldn't get enough of it!  I think I drank 4 glasses while I was there.



So, I quickly purchased some limes in the hopes that adding a little flavor was all I needed to get my water intake back on track.



Wrong.  Adding the lime did nothing to help.



And then it hit me.  I have always been a person who preferred my water to be closer to room temperature.  Extremely cold water would give me brain freeze, hurt my throat, and make my teeth ache.  I don't think that I have even used ice from an ice maker in our home for the last couple of years (unless it was for a glass of iced tea that had been freshly brewed).  The water at the restaurant had a lot of ice.  As did every other glass of water that I had thoroughly enjoyed in the last several weeks.



So, I have started adding ice to my water.  Yesterday, instead of drinking my normal 2-3 bottles, I drank 4 and then some.



Why would I begin craving ice cold water?  I don't know.  Perhaps I should consult Dr. Google.  Or not.

2 comments:

Marianne said...

Glad you figured out you were craving ice, LOL.

Anna said...

Oh I've been craving ice lately too! I can't get enough slushy-type drinks. I get Icees at gas stations, slushies at Sonic, and have even dug the ice out of my drinks to chomp it.