A couple of nights ago as Derek and I were getting into the bed, I noticed a good sized spot on the sheet on my side if the bed. It felt hard and crusty.
I looked at Derek, raised my eyebrows and asked him "What is this spot on the sheet???". My mind was running wild with the possibility that he had finally decided to find a replacement for his ever growing wife.
He looked at me and said "What is that???". I looked at him in frustration for a moment, wondering why he answered my question with the same question.
Then, Derek said "You don't think that was from your breast, do you?"
Since I already had on the tshirt I had slept in the previous night, I looked down at the obviously unspotted shirt and I said , "No, if that were the case, I would have a matching spot on my shirt."
And then, I ran my hand down my shirt and felt it - the matching crusty spot on my shirt.
I am leaking colostrum.
In case you don't remember, I had a breast reduction in 1999. For this entire pregnancy, I have been concerned that I would not be able to breastfeed due to that fact.
I know that leaking colostrum isn't a guarantee that I can breastfeed, but it is a good sign that my milk ducts will work. And that I will at least have a chance to attempt breastfeeding. And THAT is a wonderful sign in my opinion!
I am probably the only person on the world who felt like doing a happy dance for leaking boobies, but who cares if I am crazy!!!
4 comments:
Yay for leaky boobies! :)That's a very positive sign that you'll likely be able to breastfeed (assuming that's what you want to do). Prepare yourself for a lot more crusty spots on your sheets-- you'll only leak more from here on out!
Woohoo!!!! That's the most exciting crust spot ever! I'm so happy for you and hope that breastfeeding works out.
Happy for you!
What awesome news!
Post a Comment