Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Hair - Part 2

Another Post About Hair.  This time, however, it is about the unwanted kind.

Is it just me, or is my hair growing faster now that I am a mother?  I know, logically, that it is because time seems to be moving so fast now.  But, I can't seem to keep control of the unwanted hair. 

It seems as if I shave the hair on my legs and armpits and the next day they are back and 1/4 of an inch long.  But hairy legs and armpits aren't the biggest problem (after all, we are going into fall and winter and those unshaven areas are easily masked by pants and shirts).

My biggest problem is facial hair.  Since Carder's birth, I have been trying to keep up with plucking the stray hairs in my eyebrows - you know, when you have a moment here or there in the bathroom and the baby is asleep.  But the other day I looked and realized that some of the "stray hairs" had somehow worked their way into being an actual part of the eyebrow and I was beginning to look quite discheveled.  (Or perhaps it has been this way for quite some time and I just realized it.  Poor woman...Anyway...) 

And then I realized that the few long, dark hairs that grew on my chin had somehow popped out and were disgustingly long.  I knew that a date with my lighted magnifying mirror was long overdue.  I spent Carder's afternoon nap plucking my way to looking halfway presentable.

And while I was using the mirror, I realized my "mustache" was also long overdue for some TLC as well.  Previously, I used a hair removal cream but during pregnancy I was afraid to use any type of chemicals on my body and had resorted to just plucking the dark ones.  So the other night, I decided to pull out the cream and get rid of my 'stache.  I followed the directions exactly and removed the cream after 2 1/2 minutes.  But a quick look in the mirror revealed 2 problems.  The darkest ones stood strong against the cream and still had to be plucked.  And, worse yet, somehow I ended up with a nasty chemical burn at the corners of my mouth.  It was bad enough that Derek related it to Heath Ledger's appearance as the Joker in the Batman Movie...Thank God, the burn has finally healed.  Unfortunately it is just in time for my 'stache to start growing back in - YAY!!!

My point is that between the spit up all over my clothes, the stray hairs falling out, the hair all over my body and my face, the bags under my eyes from sleep deprivation...It is a wonder that my husband even finds me remotely attractive anymore.  Thankfully, he does. 

And having Carder is worth having a unibrow, a mustache, and having the European look with all of my other body hair.