Thursday, May 1, 2014

I Didn't Fall Off the Face of The Planet...

Just moved our family several hundred miles...

Yes, you read that right.  We have moved - to a new state no less.  It has been a whirlwind.

There has been so much that has happened in our lives since the last time that I posted and I have so many feelings and things that I want to share with anyone who may still be reading this (rarely updated) blog.

But I guess rather that backdating and trying to get the space caught up, I should start with the most recent and biggest things.

Towards the end of 2013, Derek started being "courted" by some recruiters.  This had happened several times during our lives in Michigan, but this time Derek was ready for a career change.

After a couple of grueling months of interviews and a couple of very stressful weeks with 3 on site interviews in 3 different states (and the stress of the timing of the offers that followed), Derek accepted a position with a company in Wisconsin.  (Sorry, MG, Cali didn't win...)

The next weekend, we went on a house hunting trip and found a house we fell in love with.  And after downsizing from our house in GA to fit into our house in MI, we somehow decided to buy an even smaller house in WI - but it has some really cool features and it is in an awesome neighborhood with a great school district, so I feel like it was the right move for us.

Days later, we had our house in show ready condition (which was a HUGE success considering the fact that Carder was living in the house during the time we were preparing to list).  We priced ourselves competitively as we knew we didn't want to sit on the market indefinitely.  The house hit the market and we had a TON of interest - 15 or so showings in the first few days.  2 offers in the first 48 hours. 

And before I knew it, Derek had left for Wisconsin and Carder and I were left to pack up the rest of our lives in Michigan over the next 2 weeks.  We had a few play dates and also got to spend some quality time together having fun.  I spent naps and after bedtime sorting through boxes and rounding up things to be donated and posting things that wouldn't be making the cut onto Craigslist.  The movers arrived last Monday to pack up our belongings in to boxes, the truck was loaded on Tuesday.  By last Wednesday, we were all in Wisconsin.

We are currently living in a hotel and won't be moving into our house until mid-May.  That kind of stinks, but it could be worse I suppose.

During the last week, we have spent time finding our way around our new city and doing some fun things.  I have spent nap time getting the things done that you have to do when you move to a new state and buy a new house.

I will probably try to do some updates over the next week or so (before I am back to spending naps and after bedtime getting settled into our new house).  Please check back to see the other things that have been happening in our lives lately.

7 comments:

Lara said...

Wow! What an adventure!

Aaron and Jennifer said...

Glad to hear an update! Happy moving to you guys :)

Jamie said...

Wow!!! Big change and I can see why your blog has been quiet. Would love to hear more. Hope y'all enjoy your new life in Wisconsin! Always think about you guys and wishing good things. Hugs!

sienna said...

Wow. Big changes for you guys again! Hope you fall in love with you new city, if you haven't already. Pics of C please. Hope the next few weeks fly by until you get all settled into your new home :o)

Ashley said...

Congrats on the exciting changes! Can't wait to hear the rest of your updates.

Kerri said...

Hi Carli! I've missed you!! So glad you decided to come back and update us. :) I'm curious where in WI you guys are- I have tons of family there. Hope the next few weeks go smoothly & you're in your new house before you know it! xo

Anonymous said...

infertility for easy Conception. (No more adoption, with Dr Itua your problem will solve and you will have your child with ease.I have been blog Sites for a while now and today i felt like i should share my story because i was a victim too. I had endometriosis for 18 years and i never thought i would ever get a cure due to the terrible symptoms i had and this made it impossible for me to get pregnant even after 12 years of marriage and it was a serious issue. I got to know about Dr. Itua on Blog Site who treated someone and the person shared a story of how she got a cure and let her contact details, i contacted Dr. Itua and he actually confirmed it and i decided to give a try too and use his herbal medicine that was how my burden ended completely. My son will be 2 this december and i am gratetful to God and thankful to his medicine too.Dr Itua Can As Well Cure The Following Desease…Cancer,Hiv,Herpes, Hepatitis B,Liver Inflammatory,Diabetis,Fribroid,Get Your Ex Back, If you have (A just reach his on (drituaherbalcenter@gmail. com Or Whatsapp Number..+2348149277967)He can also advise you on how to handle some marital's issues.He's a good man.