The first few days involved a skeleton crew only a few hours a day. Although the retaining wall got poured in the first week, I began to get very worried about how it was all going to turn out - or if it was ever going to turn out. But, things are really starting to shape up. We have had to make a few changes to the plans. The original plan called for a 27 foot retaining wall. The end result is 39 feet long. That is 12 extra feet. Thankfully, there haven't been a whole lot of added cost for us.
We think that it is going to be beautiful when it is all completed.
Here are some pictures of the progress...I have more, but I get too impatient with how long they take to upload to blogger and 4 was all I could stand tonight.
Front Stoop Before Picture
Here are the beginnings of a new Front Stoop.
We also have quite a few plants that weren't there before...
The Old Railroad Tie Retaining Wall
Note the massive rock steps.
There are more of these where the wall meets with the driveway.
So, there is still a lot of work to be done and the contractor is promising that they will be done by tomorrow afternoon. I am not quite sure HOW they will be done by tomorrow afternoon. However, I will say that they did get a lot accomplished today so it isn't completely out of the question. I guess we will just have to wait and see.
7 comments:
WOW Carli, you have a BEAUTIFUL house!!! It's so great to see the progress. I'm glad that you are happy with the results so far, even though its taking WAY longer than they said it would... Doesn't that always happen?
It looks great so far! I agree with Melissa- you have such a nice house! I always hate home projects like that while they're happening, but am always so thankful for them once they're done. Sounds like you guys are almost at the finish line!
Your house is gorgeous!! All the work you're doing on it is going to look amazing (and already does). It's always such a satisfying feeling to complete a project like that! GL with the rest!
Carli, your house is so pretty! I hate how it always takes longer than you plan (as does much in life). Can't wait to see pictures when it is ALL done. :)
Carli, you have a gorgeous home! Wow, love the new wall, it's beautiful.
Your home is beautiful, Carli! The before and after shots are fun to look at and I think it looks great. Keep the photos coming as you shape it up toward your final vision. Home projects can be fun, but stressful and exhaughsting! GL!
Just wanted to say congrats, I've awarded you the "One Lovely Blog Award." Come to my blog to get your award.
Post a Comment