Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Honest Scrap Award


A while back - in June to be exact - my friend Katie and my friend Melissa both awarded me with the Honest Scrap Award. It has taken me this long to claim my award and to accept it. I apologize to those who have awarded me that it has taken this long to write my acceptance speech.

So here are the Honest Scrap stipulations:
1. Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design
2. Show the 7 winners names and links on your blog and leave a comment informing them that they have won the "Honest Scrap Award"
3. List at least 10 honest things about yourself
Since I only follow 4 blogs religiously, I only have 4 people to award. And all 4 have been previously awarded this award, I don't think that passing the award around in a circle is going to get us anywhere, but the ladies I would nominate are:
Kerri http://kerrilynn1215.blogspot.com/
For the 10 Honest Things about myself:
  1. I love Ice Cream. I think I could eat my weight in it.
  2. I think I have a slight case of OCD - I am big on organization. By alphabet, by color - you get the picture.
  3. I love 80's/90's rap music. I know every word to "Bust A Move", "Baby's Got Back", and various other songs that I probably shouldn't admit that I know the words to. I don't know where it all fits in my head.
  4. I have overactive sweat glands and certain fabrics make me have sweaty pits. Seriously. I can have chill bumps and still be sweating like a pig. Gross. FYI - I avoid those fabrics)
  5. I had a Breast Reduction at the age of 21 and I have never regretted it for a moment.
  6. I am not a big fan of CNN or Fox News or any other 24 hour a day news channel. I think I would prefer to watch paint dry.
  7. I would love to be great at gardening but I don't really have a green thumb. At least the plants I have planted recently are still alive. Maybe I will get there some day.
  8. I love to read fiction novels.
  9. I honestly don't know how I survived life before TIVO/DVRs
  10. Last year I donated my hair to Locks of Love. I am currently growing my hair out to donate it again. At least all of those prenatal vitamins have been good for something, right?

OK, so there you have it. That is what it took me all of this time to come up with.

2 comments:

MelissaP05 said...

Awww, Carli, you're so sweet. I'm totally with you on the ice cream and on reading. If I could just read everyday and never work, I would be so happy. I'm so excited for your weight loss starting off so well. GL, I'm pulling for you!!

Melissa G said...

Thanks for the award!

And I second your comment on Tivo... It is the ONLY way to go. Sometimes I wish they had it for radio too.