Saturday night was Derek's Annual Company picnic. I had mixed feelings about it. There were, as the name suggests, families with children everywhere. For the most part, it went ok. I don't think Derek noticed, but I cried a little during the fireworks. A momentary relapse had me thinking about the fact that we may never see our children get so excited by the pretty displays in the sky. Sad, I know.
The best part was that I got to hold his co-workers baby (7mos). He was fussy when I got him, but shortly after I picked him up, he was sleeping like a little angel. It felt so nice to have his head on my shoulder and his little arm wrapped around my neck. So nice. Sigh...
Some day. Some way.
Ok. Typing from iPod is tough so I may add to later.
2 comments:
Hi Carli, I'm glad you had a good time at the picnic. I imagine it was hard to go to, but I'm so happy that you got to hold Derek's co-worker's baby. I'm sorry about your momentary relapse during the fireworks, but I know in my heart that you and Derek will be parents someday. You've got it right, "Someday, Someway." Hope you have a good week. HUGS
Fireworks with little ones are in your future, dear. I am still constantly amazed by your strength- there was never a time I could hold a baby without feeling anything but pain. You are getting closer and closer to not having to give that baby "back"... Love you!
Post a Comment