Sunday, September 13, 2009

FET Scheduled

So, AF has blessed me with her presence again. She arrived on September 1 - a tad bit early. My first thought was - GREAT! Let's get the ball rolling!
I called the clinic to schedule our FET. And, as it usually does for us, there is a glitch already. My cycle has fallen to put us right in between schedule times for FETs. So, I get to be on BC a little longer than originally planned. That will mean that instead of the FET cycle taking 6 weeks until transfer, it will be taking us about 8 weeks. So that is that. I got our official schedule from the clinic and found out that although I am not having a retrieval, Derek and I are both supposed to do antibiotics again. CRAP. And I get to be good friends with Lupron headaches again. Luckily, our IVF nurse (Joyce) was kind enough to say she would order me the weaker of the antibiotics (since the first type of antibiotics and my stomach did not get along). She also said that since the Lupron gave me headaches, my cycle would be the 10 days of Lupron vs. the 12 possible days. Basically, we are on a roll.

The FET is scheduled for October 28th. As long as everything goes well and our little frostie survives the big thaw, we should know on Friday November 6th if our last attempt at our own biological child has succeeded. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Melissa G said...

Hoping and praying that time flies between now and November 6th. This is it!!!

Sending warm thoughts to your frostie!!!