After months and months of cursing my Auntie when she arrived, she has apparently taken the hint that I don't want her here. Unfortunately, she didn't take the hint that I wanted her to disappear because I was pregnant. She is just on vacation. Maybe she decided to start celebrating the holidays early this year and booked herself a trip to Hawaii. Can't say I would blame her, I guess.
So, I am currently on CD 48. I have peed on several sticks and all have resulted in a glaringly obvious BFN.
(Sidebar, I have decided to write the HPT companies to let them know that they need to create an HPT specificly for the infertile. It would be sold in bulk - like 100 tests per box - and instead of a digital "Not Pregnant" staring back at you, they should come up with some interesting and amusing messages to let us know that, once again, it did not happen. For instance, one could say "Have yourself a big glass of wine" or "Your husband would have better luck getting a positive by peeing on this stick." Or maybe "Just how much money have you wasted on HPTs now?" Or "Stock up on the Mydol, AF is a coming!" Anything besides that missing second line or that damned Not Pregnant. Your ideas can be submitted to me if you would like to add to the list of possibilities...)
Anyway, the RE's office says to give it a few more days and test again (out of tests, add another $15 to my tally of amount wasted on HPTs). They suggested that if that was negative, I should come in for some bloodwork and they could start me on progesterone. Grand.
Also - just in case you want to know my theories of why AF is absent?
My first theory is that she is waiting to show up while we are traveling to visit Derek's family up north for Christmas.
The second theory I have (and my personal favorite) is that I think my uterus is on strike. She has decided that since I am not capable of conceiving a child, it is just a waste of her time and energy to fluff up that lining only to abandon it every SINGLE month. And I can't say I blame her.
3 comments:
Carli, you crack me up! I love your infertile HPT idea - you could make a FORTUNE on them!!!
I'm sorry AF is still MIA, mine is too. Dumb b*tch,
Hope she shows before the progesterone is necessary.
Thinking of you.
Carli, I love your idea for HPTs too. I definitely think you should market it as I would buy them in a second. I especially liked the one about your husband having more luck with a p stick.
What's up with AF then? Could it be that for you and Melissa it is waiting to give you a break so you have a happy Christmas? Am I being too optimistic?
I hope when it does come that it's not too bad.
Have a Merry Christmas, girly!
Lots of hugs
Love the ideas for negative HPTs! Definitely better than seeing "Not Pregnant"! I support you 100% in contacting the companies.
I had cycles that were as long as yours - I think 52 days was my longest, and I had to take progesterone to jump start it.
I really hope she shows up soon (but not when you are traveling)! She does have that really crappy sense of humor though.
Post a Comment