Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A New Year, A New Plan

A new year has FINALLY arrived.  I won't spend the time discussing just how much of a flop 2009 was in the realm of us becoming parents.  You all know that story and are probably sick of hearing me whine about it.  So, instead, I will focus on the events of the present or that are yet to come.

AF finally arrived while we were travelling for Christmas.  (Told you the bitch had a plan.  She never has liked me much anyway).  So, that saga is finally over.  And, for the first time in years, I didn't rush to put it on my calendar.  Her arrival doesn't really mean much.
Anyway, in other important news - although I may not have blogged about it too much, we have decided in the last few weeks that we would be pursuing adoption for sure.  We just hadn't moved forward on the process much.  Between our work schedules and the holidays, it just kept getting postponed.  So I bought a couple of books on the subject and during our 9 hour travel up to visit with Derek's family for Christmas, we discussed the nitty gritty details of our comfort level with certain areas of adoption.  I am feeling much better about this path now that I know that our ideas of acceptable are not that far apart from each other.

So, now we have moved on to the next step - the journey of attempting to find an adoption agency.  There is just so much information on the web that it can be overwhelming...

There will be more to come on this in the future, I assure you.

No comments: