Thursday, August 26, 2010

The "Big Spill"

Yesterday morning, as I was getting out of the shower, I slipped on a wet tile.  And not just one of those little slips where you catch your balance shortly thereafter...I am talking about the kind where you flail around as gravity pulls you closer to the earth.  Quickly.

I hit the ground with a thud, knees first, wrist second, rolling over onto my back with arms and legs pointing up into the air.  Why on my back with my lady parts flashing all around?

You may recall the pictures I posted of our newly remodeled bathroom not to long ago.  Well, the shower has a large piece of glass instead of having a shower curtain or anything like that.  As I was neared the floor, I did my best to point my body away from that glass.  Even though it is tempered, I didn't want to count on the fact that it wouldn't break and impale me.  (That would have been a bad way to start out a Wednesday morning, huh?)

Derek rushed up to me to check on me and help me up.  But I must have been pretty funny looking; lying naked on the floor...He has been telling me I went "Down like James Brown" for the last 2 days.  It has actually been quite humorous.  Painful, but humorous.

I have always said my middle name should have been "Grace" because I have none anywhere else...

9 comments:

JB said...

James Brown...I love it. Your husband should follow you around and dramatically drape a sequined cape over your shoulders everywhere you go. Now THERE'S a good look!

Lacie said...

Oh my, James Brown! I can totally relate! I am glad that you weren't hurt.

Rach said...

Ouch. Glad you were ok!

Do I Have to Be a D.I.N.K.? said...

Thank goodness the glass didn't break. I hope your knees and wrists are ok. Sounds like something I would do.

Anonymous said...

Oh no. I'm sorry, James Brown! But I'm so glad that you are okay. You could have been seriously hurt. :(

Alie said...

Oh No! I'm sorry, but I laughed. Because it's totally something that would happen to me. Kyle calls me "Flailey" btw.

Anna said...

OMG! Glad you are okay!

Marianne said...

I am ridiculously clumsy so I empathize! Glad you are ok!

Jamie said...

Oh darling, I hope you are feeling better by now! It really sucks falling down as an adult. It seems like, shouldn't I be too old for this crap?