Saturday, September 11, 2010

September News

So far, September is shaping up pretty well for us.

Last weekend, I had the best intentions to post about our Labor Day Weekend.  But I was just too blasted tired.  The post was going to let you all know that we have officially finished remodelling our house!!!  The basement is DONE.  Finished.  Complete.  The only remaining item on the punch list are a small amount of touch up paint on a door.  I can't believe it is finally done.  I really don't know what we are going to do with ourselves, but I am really looking forward to figuring it out.  So far, we spent some time watching a couple of movies, I have read a couple of books, we have watched some good football games...Ahhh, bliss.

We haven't had any offers on our house yet, but we have had a good bit of traffic and lots of positive feedback.  The last couple who looked seemed pretty interested, but we haven't heard anything from them after their showing.

The biggest news - AF arrived on Tuesday.  I called my IVF nurse because she had said I would need to start BCPs when my cycle started.  She called in the prescription and faxed me over my calendar.  For some reason, I thought that I would be on the BCP for a month or so.  I don't know why, but I did.

I was wrong.  I started the BCPs on the 9th.  I start Lupron injections on the 20th.  Did you catch that?  The 20th???  9 days from now!  This is really happening!  And you know how time starts to really fly when you start the shots...

My baseline will be October 1 and as long as all goes well, the transfer will be on the 20th of October, just a little over a month from now.  And the results will be known on October 29th.  It seems almost surreal.

Let's get this party started.

8 comments:

happymomof4 said...

YAY! Exciting news:) You will be cycling right after me. I just started Lupron on Friday. I have my next U.S on the 1st of Oct. and if all is well transfer will take place Oct.6th.
So happy things are starting to move for you- it will be here before we know it:)

Melissa G said...

Woo Hoo!!! All kinds of great news!

I can't believe things are moving so quickly with your cycle! But you've been waiting so long- it only seems appropriate. And I am so fricken thrilled for you.

Anonymous said...

Wishing you the best with selling your house and especially, your next cycle!!!

PS - Your furbabies are absolutely precious :)

Jamie said...

Awesome about the house and it sounds like you guys did some relaxing things this weekend!

The time line of your plans does seem surreal--after so much waiting. But I am excited for you, as well! Can't wait to hear more. :)

Do I Have to Be a D.I.N.K.? said...

What great news! The next two months are going to fly by!

rebecca said...

Congratulations!!! I came across your blog through another EA blog. My husband & I are also in the process of EA...we also have two furbabies! Hope everything goes smoothly for you with this cycle!

Aaron and Jennifer said...

Glad I found your blog. My husband and are also in the embryo adoption process (with the NEDC in Knoxville, TN). We had our 1st FET in July which sadly, resulted in a negative beta. We are scheduled for our 2nd FET this Sunday, September 19th - Praying for a positive beta this time around!

I'm excited to follow your journey. :)

Spit Happens said...

I'm so excited for you Carli! I can't wait to hear all the updates as you proceed. This is actually happening! YAY!