Thursday, September 2, 2010

Thanks, Welcome, More Thanks

My first "THANKS" is to Katie over at From IF to When for linking over to my Eat, Pray, Love Post.  Katie is an excellent blogger and has a ton of followers.  By her linking to my blog post, the passage in the book that touched me so much was also able to touch so many others.  So, Katie, thanks for sharing this with your group.  Love you girl!

In addition to allowing my words (and more specifically Elizabeth Gilbert's words) to reach many others, Katie's link to my post apparently spawned an increase in followers.  Holy Moly!  To those of you who are new to my blog, welcome and thanks for joining me.

My second "THANKS" is to Lacie for posting about these meditation podcasts.  I have never looked at the iTunes section that encompasses podcasts until she mentioned these.  Her post inspired me to look into podcasts today when I got home.  Not only did I find the meditations podcasts she was talking about, I also found ones on Yoga and Infertility and ... well, you get the picture.  Possibly stemming from the "Pray" portion of Eat, Pray, Love, meditation and yoga have recently become something I am interested in learning more about and practicing more.  Until now, my only exposure has been through a class at the YMCA and I just can't get into it there.  After downloading the podcast, I listened to the first one.  I truly felt so much more relaxed than I did before I listened to it.  I am thinking THIS may be something I will be using as we prepare for our EA transfer.  So, Lacey, Thanks for turning me on to this podcast!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love ya, too, girl! I am going to check out that podcast. I could use some meditation in my life. And I plan on picking up the book, too.

happymomof4 said...

OOOOH What a GREAT idea about the podcast! I am going to check into that for our EA too! I figure it cant hurt only help:)

MelissaP05 said...

Awesome idea and I totally related to your EPL post too! Just got done with the book and saw the movie three weeks ago. Love ya and miss ya.

Jamie said...

Glad to see that you will be getting more traffic with your blog and you so deserve it. I love your mix of humor, realism and honesty. You are an inspiration!

Melissa G said...

Oooh, hooray for Podcasts! I'm going to go look for them tonight!

Great post, lovin the bloggy love fest.