Tonight, we are heading north to spend the weekend in Michigan. Even if our flight leaves on time, we won’t arrive at our destination until the wee hours of tomorrow morning.
There is snow on the ground where we are going. I am ecstatic to be headed into some snow. And to be able to see some Christmas lights on a snowy evening. It will be just like a Christmas Card.
I am a little concerned about this flight. First of all, this will be my first time flying while carrying injectable medications. That alone has me concerned about the airport. What if the TSA makes me throw out my estrogen? What will I do if I can’t take my shot??? What if they think my progesterone inserts are some sort of explosive device??? I know – irrational fears. But they are there, regardless of how idiotic they may be. And the security checkpoint itself – I am concerned that my needles will be cause for them to screen me more thoroughly. And since I can’t do the body scan since I am pregnant, I guess I will get felt up by the TSA agent. Good Times.*
My next concern is the flight itself. It will be occurring during my witching hours, which is enough of a recipe for disaster. But to top it off, we had a holiday party for our staff here at work today. This means that during the time I would normally have a healthy snack, I was having to set up food for others. And during the time I would normally be heading out to eat my lunch, I had to cover the phones so those others could eat. By the time I was released for lunch, I wasn’t feeling so hot because I had waited too long to eat. Eating helped temporarily. But now, it is back and accompanied by salad belches. Yuck. Let’s just hope that the flight attendant is prompt with her delivery of ginger ale and barf bags.
All concerns about the travel aside, we are really looking forward to this trip north. There will be some exciting things going on while we are there. I will post more about those later when I have more details to share.
We will be home on Sunday night. We are taking our laptop with us, but I don’t know how much time I will have to be online while we are there. I am hoping to be having too much fun to post.
And when we return to Georgia, we have our 9 week ultrasound on Monday morning. Perhaps the next time I post, it will include another picture of our beautiful baby.
*Perhaps I should stop for a travel size lubricant to place in my quart sized clear plastic bag. It might come in handy.
5 comments:
I traveled while pregnant and kept my PIO vials and needles in a regulation-size clear plastic bag and just pulled it out to show the TSA agent when I had to pass through security. I did not want it to be x-rayed (irrational fear) and they cannot MAKE you x-ray medication. Just tell them you require injectable medications, show them the vials and needles, and then hand to the agent to hold while you go through the line. I did not want to be scanned, either, so, yeah, be prepared to get personal with an agent. Safe travels! (P.S. I live in Michigan and it is frakkin' cold here right now, so bring a toasty coat!)
Just wishing you safe travels!
I would not have expected that lubricant joke from you, missy. Well played. ;-)
Sounds like you're headed to an idyliic destination, hope the flight goes accordingly.
Talk soon?
I am so excited for you guys and I hope that you have a wonderful trip and get to enjoy the winter wonderland!!! Can't wait to hear more when you come back because I certainly hope you don't have time to post while you are away. :) So much suspense until your return!
Have a safe trip and I hope that the TSA are compassionate and understanding. Good luck on the flight!
Oh, you are going to get over that snow thing pretty fast. We're supposed to get a doozy of a storm tomorrow, and I am SO not thrilled. At least make it a weekday so I can have a Snow Day at school, ya know?
I hope everything with the flight went well- I was thinking about you.
Post a Comment