Let me just start by saying - I AM EXHAUSTED! This will be a short one...
The moving trailer with all of our good arrived Thursday Morning in our New City after travelling hundreds of miles from it's storage lot in Georgia. Let me just say that I danced a little jig to have my belongings even in the same CITY as me. I have missed them so much. Namely, my bed.
Closing on the new house was on Thursday afternoon. Everything went just fine. We are now homeowners again. It is a great feeling.
Derek had to work on Friday, so his parents were kind enough to come up and help us get moved in. Friday morning we got started bright and early. I had hired a couple of strapping young men from a local moving company to empty the trailer. That sucker was 28 feet and packed absolutely full.
My original plan was to have things set up well enough that we could stay in our new house on Friday night. (I am impatient and I always overestimate what can get accomplished in one day's time). That didn't pan out even though we worked our asses off. I didn't lift anything heavy, but being on my feet all day long and bending and reaching and...you get the picture. I was pooped.
But I couldn't sleep. I was up at 4 this morning and I haven't been back to sleep.
Today, the in-laws came back to help some more. Unfortunately, we were to the point where you unpack things and you put it up. Since they didn't know where to put things, I think that they felt like there was only so much they could do. My father in law also started feeling like he was coming down with a cold, so they left this afternoon. After they left, I got the last of the kitchen boxes unpacked. There are still a few items I am missing that are packed in other boxes that I will find as we unpack other boxes.
The new shower door is installed. The other bathroom is functional so that we can shower tonight. The bed isn't made yet, but will be shortly. And we are staying here tonight.
I have so much more to say, but I don't have the energy.
3 comments:
I absolutely hate moving. And my least favorite part is the chaotic disorganization that is the unpacking process. Blah. Just take it slowly, remember that it WILL get done soon and you'll all be settled, and definitely don't do anything too strenuous!!
Welcome home Sanders family, welcome home! (Text me or email me your new address please. I have stuff to send you.)
Enjoy sleeping in your own bed tonight!
Hurray for moving into your new home! Kerri said it well to take your time and it will get done. Focus on what you have gotten done.
Post a Comment