I know you probably think that this title describes what I have been doing from blogging. But it isn't. It is what I am doing tonight WHILE I blog. I am taking a breather from life to blog.
These last couple of weeks have been super busy. I posted at the end of February that we had moved in to our house. And the first week of March, I posted that we found out our baby is a boy. After that, it has been bloggy silence on here.
Getting settled into a house is hard work. It is even harder when you are pregnant. I am not going to whine about it - I am so thankful to have the opportunity. It just takes longer because of your limitations and that is the frustrating part. I worked on gradually moving things from the condo we were staying in to the house. I also unpacked LOTS of boxes. Our things found "a home". Most nights, I worked until 8 or 9 at night. Weekends have been spent doing the things that I needed Derek's help to accomplish. We still have a few things at his parents' home to get to our house, but almost all of our belongings are here. I won't make you suffer through a play by play. I will just say that I have been physically pretty tired and haven't had time to blog.
On Wednesday March 2, I got a call about a possible job prospect through a temp agency. I had to go in on Thursday to fill out some paperwork and take some basic computer testing to prove I was qualified for the job. And then I went for an interview on Friday March the 5. And then I was offered the job. I started this past Monday. I am only working 3 days a week - but a part time job is exactly what I was looking for. This position is working in using my college degree (not just answering the phones) and has the possibility of going from temp to perm. So far I am really enjoying it. And now I am back to having a sense of self worth, even if it is only part time.
There are still a bit of unpacking to do and there is still some organizing to do, but I will get to it eventually. (Hopefully sooner rather than later...)
I have tomorrow off. I sat down tonight and made a list of all the things I want to get done tomorrow and - kid you not - the list is a page long so I don't think I will get it all done. Thank goodness I have Monday off, too.
The worst part about being this busy? I had always thought that when we finally got pregnant, I would spend all kinds of time documenting the pregnancy. And here we are, almost 23 weeks in, and I haven't done the greatest job of journaling about this big event in our lives. I really need to do better about writing it down so that I can remember it years from now...But I have apparently spent my free time basking in the fact that I am pregnant and enjoying every little kick or jab that I feel from my sweet little boy.
I have written tons of posts in my head these last 2 weeks. Perhaps I will recapture some of them over the next few days...
3 comments:
Sounds like things are coming along, no wonder you've been to busy to blog!
Don't worry about rushing into unpacking everything...it took me about a year to get everything where I wanted it when we moved in to our house.
Congrats on the house!
So good to hear from you! Yippy on the part time job!
I wouldn't beat yourself up too badly about not blogging because it sounds like you are living in the moment of being pregnant. :) Like you said, maybe document a few special memorable moments or a few of the mundane that have brought you bliss. Keep it simple and fun.
Sounds like you have been a busy lady in getting settled into your new home. And congratualtions on the new job! That is great news and I think part-time is perfect for you right now. You can work and feel better about contributing, but still have time to do things for you in enjoying your pregnancy and life with Derek. It will keep you in the working loop so that you will have more options down the road.
I've been thinking about you and hope that you are doing better. Love you!
Post a Comment