On Monday night, I was invited to go to another Pampered Chef Party by my real estate agent. This party was being held at the home of "the woman" that I have been so concerned about. Of course, I jumped at the chance to go. I know, if I really had offended her, showing up at her home may not have been the wisest idea. But, I wasn't sure if I would ever have another opportunity.
Before the party began, I had a chance to tell her what I had missed out on telling her the first time. As it turns out, my emotion-dar was right on. She and her husband weren't suffering from infertility, but had recently had a miscarriage. She is in her 40s and it was a surprise pregnancy, so she admitted that she didn't understand the heartache of really wanting a child until after she had lost one. She is a really sweet woman and she was touched that I sought her out to make sure that she knew our situation *just in case* she was struggling. So, I can now rest easy about that situation.
Derek and I started attending a local church. On Sunday, there was an announcement in the bulletin that an Infertility/Adoption support group was being formed. The first meeting of the group was last night. The only ones who attended the meeting were myself and the group leader. (She was older when she started TTC so she moved on to International Adoption after only a year of TTC). I think that we were both disappointed that there weren't more people that attended, but it was nice to meet someone in the area who understood where I was coming from. She indicated that there were at least 2 other women in the church that she thought might attend in the future. She also mentioned that this was the only support group she had seen in the area, so she hoped that possibly others in the community might attend. The group will be meeting once per month to begin with and I think I will go again, even if it is just a small group to start with.
The ALI online community has been such a life saver to me over these last years and I don't know how I could have survived the journey without the support I have received here. I know that I am no longer currently TTC and neither is the group leader. But, I hope that by forming a group, we might be able to be a support system for those who are still trying.
No comments:
Post a Comment