Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Pumkin Carving

Tonight, we carved our pumpkin for Halloween.  I really thought that Carder would enjoy dipping his hands into the pumpkin guts and pulling out a handful of seeds and pulp.

Derek ran to the store for some newspapers to spread on the floor to contain the mess and I did my best to convince Carder that the big orange sphere on the counter was NOT A BALL while I sketched our design on the front.



We sat in the floor and got started.  He was a bit skeptical of the orange gooiness and preferred to sit on my lap and watch as we cleaned the pumpkin out.



He was much happier stirring the seed/pulp mixture with the scoop than he was with getting his hands dirty.



After the carving was finished, we turned out the lights and lit up the Jack-O-Lantern so that he could see the masterpiece we had just created as a family and was prepared for him to stare at it in awe.

He still thinks it's a ball...  Oh well.  Maybe next year he will understand the difference...

No comments: