Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween!

I thought that Carder was cute last Halloween when he dressed as a cow...that pales in comparison to this year.

I found a costume idea on Pin.terest for an Oompa-Loompa (Charlie and the Chocolate Factory) and decided months ago that this would be his costume...but then I couldn't find white pants ANYWHERE to make the costume happen.  On Friday (10/26/12 - as in just a mere 5 days before Halloween), I finally gave up the search and bought a stock costume...

As I purchased the orange and black striped tiger costume, my heart was saddened at my perceived failure as a mother to conjure up an adorable home-made costume even if it wasn't an original idea.  (But more on my feelings of Mommy Failure in a future post.)

I had failed to realize the value in letting my 16 month old dress as something he would actually recognize rather than something that he had no concept of.

And I had totally underestimated how cute he would be with his little tail wagging as he walks...('Cause - you know - Oompa-Loompa's don't have tails)




Or how cute he looks when he has his butt stuck up in the air after a spill (which is perhaps aided by the impared visibility from the hood...)



But the best part of this year and the costume?  When he actually roars like a tiger...



Happy Halloween, Everyone!



No comments: