This week, I got one of my weekly updates from Baby Center. This one was focused on verbal development. Of course, "normal" is a wide range but I couldn't help comparing Carder to the normal average they stated.
Apparently, at this age, it is normal or average to have 12-15 words that can be said clearly.
I knew that Carder said more than that, so immediately I felt a sense of pride. However, I hadn't taken the time lately to actually count the words he could clearly say.
After attempting to count them verbally, I lost track of how many words I had gotten to. I decided that writing them down probably a better idea...
I am positive that my list wasn't all inclusive because I found making many mental notes of words I had forgotten to include. I also included some animal sounds that he makes (as those are actually words too) to identify certain animals.
The last number on my written list was 130. I am one proud Mommy.
Apparently all of that constant chattering I do has paid off!
No comments:
Post a Comment