Wednesday, May 8, 2013

A Really S#!++% Night

Tonight, we were grilling out hamburgers for dinner.  While Derek grilled, Carder and I played in the backyard with his trucks, rocks, and bubbles.  When dinner was ready, the normal temper tantrum occurred when it was time to go inside.

I wrangled the crying and writhing toddler into the door and got him washed up for dinner.  After dinner, we moved on to bath time.  When I was bathing him, Derek noticed that I had dog poop on the bottom of my shoe.  OF COURSE I DID - and I didn't check my shoes before I walked in the door (due to the tantrum).  So, Derek took my shoes and then began the process of cleaning the floors from where I had tracked poop all over the house. 

Since Derek was busy cleaning the mess I made, I decided to use the restroom while Carder played in the tub since Derek wouldn't be available to let me go right before Carder's bedtime ritual.  (Note:  The tub is right next to the toilet so there is no danger of drowning...)

I noticed Carder lean a bit to the left and I knew what was happening.  CODE BROWN.  So while Derek cleaned the crap off the floors, I rinsed Carder off with fresh water, wiped his little bum, and wrapped him in a towel while I dealt with the crap floating in the bathtub.

Derek came into the bathroom while I was cleaning up, shook his head, and walked back out the door for the bleach...

Good Times.  Good Stuff.  Thankfully we have a pretty good sense of humor...

And I wouldn't trade it for the world.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Oh my, we've never had poo in the bathtub but the other day during naptime I went to check on my daughter and she had pooped and was playing with it! It was all over her and her bed. SO disgusting!