Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day 2013

When I picked Carder up from daycare on Thursday, there was a sweet butterfly made from his footprints waiting for me. 
 
Then on Friday, Derek came in with a card and some flowers from Carder for Mother's Day.  I had requested a "nice picture of Carder and I together where I don't look fat" as a gift.  Derek took this with his iPhone when he brought the flowers in.  Although it is a cute picture, it wasn't quite what I had in mind.
 
Unfortunately, it will have to do.  By Saturday, Derek was sick.  He did his best to try to stay upbeat and available as a parent so that I didn't spend the entire weekend catering to both he and Carder.  But the picture I requested never made it into existence.
 
Mother's Day itself was low key.  We got what we needed to done and just hung around the house and spent time together.  It was a nice day.  And I am so thankful that my little munchkin made me a Mom!
 
 
 
Also, Carder sent cards to his Grandma's.  I really liked the fact that this card had a place for him to color so that they would have some of his artwork to go with the card.  I let him color in the mornings while I fixed his breakfast.  I was totally shocked to find a picture where rather than scribbles that randomly covered the page, there were attempts to color individual items.   My little boy is growing up so fast!

No comments: