Tuesday, May 26, 2009

To My IRL Friends and Family

I know that over the past 4 years, each of you have struggled for the right words to say or the right way to act as I am in hysterics crying over my latest failed attempt at becoming a mother. I know that this last 4 years has not been easy for any of you and, although I may roll my eyes at something you say or do, I do appreciate the fact that you love me enough to make an effort to understand me and my horrendous mood swings.

I wanted to let each of you know that - contrary to popular belief - I am not the only infertile out there that acts like a mad woman every time that AF rears her head.

A good online friend of mine listed this as a link a couple of months ago before I started my own blog. I realized that it was SO true. I vowed that if I ever started my own blog, that I would link to it as well. So, here you go.

How to be a Good Friend

4 comments:

Once Upon A Time said...

Hee hee Carli- I was just going nuts because I couldn't figure out how to post the youtube video so I googled how to do it. I didn't know how to link the websites until not that long ago either. Good for you for figuring it out! I'm glad that you are sharing the Good Friend info too.

Melissa G said...

Dear Carli's IRL friends and Family,

I would like to vouch for Carli's comment regarding infertility making women C-R-A-Z-Y. I am completely insane now, and I wasn't before I realized that a family wouldn't come easy to me.

I just want to ask you to give Carli, or any woman you know dealing with infertility an extremely genuine hug next time you see her. There may be no way for you to understand or relate to exactly what she's been through, but you can hug her. Because there have been many times that I wished I could.

Carli, I'm so glad you started a blog. Welcome.

MelissaP05 said...

Carli, I'm so glad you started a blog too. Isn't it fun to say whatever you want? I vouch for the craziness associated with an IFer too. It never gets any easier.

Karina said...

Hey Carli, great article, you should have shared it with me much earlier!!!that was not fair. After reading the survival tips, I can say: have done that, haven't done that, should have...but regardless if I got it right or not, you always had and have my love an support.