Thursday, September 23, 2010

A Slight Change in Plans

Yesterday, while I was at work, I got an interesting call from my nurse at my RE's office with some not so great news.  Apparently when she scheduled my transfer, she wasn't looking at the calendar correctly (or the RE just wanted to add a couple of vacation days to her scheduled conference - but the outcome is the same regardless).  Our transfer won't be on Wednesday October 20 (with results on Friday October 29) as we had on our original schedule. 

The good news is that it isn't cancelled and it isn't pushed back by much.  It is now scheduled for Thursday October 28 (with BETA on Monday November 8).

The bad news is that due to the way the meds were started in anticipation of the October 20 transfer, I will now have a few extra days of Lupron only.  And just in case you don't recall, THIS is when I get migraine headaches.  I can't tell you just how super excited I am about adding a few extra of those fun filled days to my cycle.

Yesterday I was a bit bummed about this.  It still isn't the ideal situation, but it is what it is.  And I have to focus on the positives of this process.

What else?  Hmmm...

In case anyone missed it, Alie had a great suggestion for where to donate your unused syringes in the comments of my last post (your local veterinarian's office).  Thanks Alie!

Oh, yeah!  Weight loss...On my first weigh in, I lost 1.4 lbs.  And that was after the horrible dinner in Atlanta that broke all the rules.  I have really behaved this week and haven't dipped into the flex points for the week yet.  So I am hoping that next week's results will be better.

I don't know if it is the antibiotic that I am taking or the diet or the fact that I started taking prenatal vitamins again, but things having been moving (you know, down there) too well lately and I am farting so much that a spark might blow our house up feeling a bit gassy.

In addition, I feel like the Lupron fog has settled in around me.  Yesterday I was trying to describe an item that I should be able to easily name.  The best I could do was "You know, the thing in the bathroom that the sink sits on top of!!!".  I was meaning the cabinet.  I wonder if this stuff has a cumulative effect and that the more often you take it, the stupider you feel.  I seriously feel like I can feel the brain cells evaporating out of my head.

I hear that pregnancy does the same thing.  So, I guess I won't complain too much about the loss of brain cells.  I will take being dumber any day.

10 comments:

Rach said...

Ugh, so sorry it got pushed back. Thats a bummer. Glad it didn't mess things up too much.

Good luck on the weight loss. I know it's tough! I struggle daily.

Aaron and Jennifer said...

Lupron headaches are the worst - I can totally relate! Sorry that you will be taking them a few days longer. :(

Ashley said...

I HATED the Lupron headaches, they were horrible! I was allowed to take Tylenol to try and counteract, not sure if that's an option for you or not, but it seemed to help a bit. Good luck!

happymomof4 said...

I hear ya with the headaches! I have been having them lately too- guessing maybe the lupron?! I have also noticed that each time I increase my meds my energy is ZAPPED, I am just worn out:(
Bummer about the changes in your transfer schedule, but glad that it didn't cancel it or change it too much! Good luck with the weight loss, I am right there with you, it is a daily struggle.

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the push back. I hope that the Lupron doesn't treat you too badly. I hear the migraines from it are a real bitch. I can't imagine. I get bad migraines WITHOUT help! And that's too funny about the gas. Prenatals make me like that when I start taking them after a long absence.

Do I Have to Be a D.I.N.K.? said...

Total bummer on the delay. Glad they didn't cancel you. Be sure to hide the matches so you don't blow up the house!

Jamie said...

Sorry, sweetie, to hear about the push back on the date. As we talked, I know you will be fine. It just takes a little bit of readjustment.

As for the rest of you post, you crack me up!

Alie said...

:-) Prenatals did that too me too, every time I would stop and then start back up again.

Lau said...

Ah the Lupron headaches... They're also a pain in other parts of your body, aren't they? ;-)

Sorry about the push back, and thanks for letting us know. I will go update my calendar now to send you positive energy on transfer day (not that I don't think of you every other day).

Keep it up, girly, we're rooting for you!

Spit Happens said...

That sucks that it had to be pushed back but great that it wasn't by much! Thank goodness. The waiting sure does get old. You are doing great with the weight loss. I am super impressed! And I am oh so very excited for early November to find out what comes out of this! You continue to be in my thoughts!!