Monday, May 21, 2012

Funny Story about Murfy and Carder

Murfy and Carder have gotten to be pretty good buddies.  Carder has been chasing Murfy with his walker for quite a while now.  I think that prepared Murfy for a crawling baby.

Now, Carder crawls all over the place chasing Murfy and chatting away at him.  Murfy will either run from Carder or run to him and try to play with him.  We always watch the two of them closely just in case, but so far there haven't been any issues and Murfy has tolerated hair pulling quite well.






When the two of them are playing, Carder regularly gives Murfy love - plenty of hugs and kisses and it is really cute to watch. 

And when Murfy doesn't want to play, he tries - unsuccessfully - to hide on the couch.  Carder is very good at finding him.

Our biggest problem has been defining to Murfy which toys don't belong to him - Carder's blocks and pacifiers are frequently chewed to oblivion.

The other day, Carder was in his walker and threw his pacifier on the ground.  I was hanging up some laundry but was on my last shirt and thought I had plenty of time to finish before Murfy snatched up the pacifier and chewed it to pieces.  Moments later, Carder was looking towards the corner of the couch and was pitching an absolute fit.  I hurried in to see what was wrong and found Murfy with Carder's pacifier.

Not chewing it.  Sucking it like a baby.  And tormenting Carder in the process.

Of course, I did what any good mother would do.  I ran for the camera... 

4 comments:

Lara said...

That picture is great!

Do I Have to Be a D.I.N.K.? said...

LOL! That picture is priceless! I have been wondering how to train my dogs to stay away from the baby's things. I guess I have my work cut out for me.

Jamie said...

How absolutely adorable to hear that Carder and Murfy play together. I know you were worried about Murty possibly being jelous once Carder came, so it is good that they are becoming buddies. :) Funny pic with Murfy and the pacifier!

Kerri said...

Ok, that is hilarious! And that's great that your dogs are so tolerant of Carder. Shih-tzus aren't known for being great with young kids, so you got really lucky. You know we've had our issues with Maggie & Camden, which have mostly resolved as he's gotten older, but we'll be dealing with it all over again in a few months.