So - A quick update after the Doctor's appointment.
In addition to the double ear infection (which is looking better, thank GOD) and teething, my poor baby has Thrush. And apparently thrush is pretty painful and can cause feeding issues as well.*
First of all, I feel like a terrible mother because I didn't see it. I thought I noticed a white film in his mouth a couple of days ago, but seeing in his mouth is so freaking hard. He doesn't understand when you tell him that you want to look in his mouth just yet so instead he just fights you.
Hopefully the tooth will break through soon. And the thrush will get better. And my poor baby will feel better.
The in-laws headed home tonight and he will be going to day care tomorrow. We need to see how he will do so that we can determine if I will need to adjust my working schedule from 3 days a week to 4 shorter days if he won't take his sippy at day care.
On a positive note - he went to bed easier tonight. That isn't to say that he didn't fight it. But, he actually fell asleep by 8:05. He woke up 2 times about an hour later, but has been sleeping for the last couple of hours quite soundly. Here's to hoping, anyway. **
I hope he sleeps better tonight. He has to be tired. I know I am and I don't require nearly the amount of sleep per night that he does...
*Perhaps our bottle feeding days are not over???
**I am reading the No-Cry Sleep Solution. Hopefully I can report to you all soon that the tactics in this book have afforded me a much better night's sleep. If I can only stay awake to read it...
1 comment:
I'm sorry to hear about the diagnosis. Again it is a double edge sword--good to have an answer, but also from what I have heard is that thrush is painful for the child. However, it seems that you caught it pretty quickly and I hope that treatment goes well. Even if Carder doesn't take a bottle any more, hopefully he may keep his adversion to just the bottle and be okay with the sippy cup. Hugs to you!
Post a Comment