Carder was sick at Christmas last year. He was refusing fluids and we ended up having to take him to the ER for an IV of fluids. Christmas plans had to be changed last minute. It was a very stressful holiday.
Although I wasn't happy when we woke up on Monday morning (12/17/12) with a fever of 99.9, I wasn't overly concerned about it ruining Christmas. After all, we had over a week until the big day.
Although he played happily that morning, by the afternoon his fever had shot up to 104 and I had a feeling it was going to be ugly.
My MIL came up to take care of him so I could go to work. The next thing you know, it is Thursday. He is still running a fever of 104. A visit to the doctor yesterday ruled out Strep and he does not currently have an ear infection. However, we were given a prescription for antibiotics to start just in case the fever had not broken by Saturday.
We were supposed to be leaving this morning to head down to the In-Laws for Christmas festivities there. But, a winter storm yesterday and today has made the roads a bit tricky (my MIL left last night to go home only to turn around and come back because the roads were too bad). Plus, Carder still had a fever. Even though the Doctor said to start the antibiotic on Saturday, we moved it up to today as he wasn't better and we wanted to see if he would respond to the antibiotics before exposing Derek's 93 year old grandfather to whatever germs Carder was sharing.
Whether it is coincidence or whether it was actually the antibiotics, his fever is finally lower tonight. I hope our sweet boy is feeling better by tomorrow and that he will be 100% himself by Christmas. I would really hate for both his 1st and 2nd Christmases to be spent sick and miserable.
1 comment:
Hope Carder was feeling better in time for Christmas and you had a wonderful one with Carder, and all your family:)
Post a Comment