Monday, August 15, 2011

Nursery Pictures


Since Carder arrived early, I didn't get his nursery decorations finished and hung until after his arrival and his return home.  I know that it is (once again) late, but I wanted to have the pictures of his nursery documented here.

I painted these letters and hung them from ribbon above his dresser.  His dresser (which is actually the dresser from our bedroom suit) doubles as the changing table.  He loves to look up at his name while he is on his changing pad.




Here are the pictures that I painted for the nursery.  The grouping started out as 3 - the monkey, lion, and hippo.  However, since Carder spent the first few days of his life in an isolette called a "Giraffe", the giraffe was painted and added to the grouping to represent those first few days of his life.


The 4 paitings are hung above his crib.  On the same wall, there are 3 shelves hung to balance out that wall.  Currently, jungle themed Beanie Babies are sitting on these shelves.  I am sure their contents will be updated frequently.
 This bookshelf is on the wall entering his room on the right.  The lamp is great for middle of the night diaper changes and keeps the room much darker than the overhead light would.  The shelves are filled with toys and books for the little man.  The monkey on the shelves is the monkey I have been using in the monthly pictures to document Carder's growth.  It is also the stuffed animal I bought at the hospital gift shop (on the day I was released) to watch over him when I couldn't be there.

5 comments:

Anna said...

I love it!

Marianne said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Ashley said...

It's so cute~ I'm impressed with your paintings!

Jamie said...

Awesome and so cozy! Fantastic paintings!

lacie said...

Very cute! You're so talented! I love the dark furniture too.