Monday, June 22, 2009

My Sister's Keeper

I have been seeing the previews for this new movie staring Cameron Diaz called "My Sister's Keeper." It looked like a real chick flick. Today, I was looking for books to take on vacation with me and I found the paperback. SInce I love to read the book before I watch the movie, I bought it. The story line is about a girl whose life has centered around trying to save her sister as she is a genetic match.

Tonight, I opened it up and read the first 2 pages. I was shocked.

The girl who the story is about was coincieved through IVF, but her parents chose the embryos they used based on genetics - which embryos would be a match and could save their other daughter.

Really??? And I just wanted one that would stick...

Anyway, I hope it is a good book...

3 comments:

Once Upon A Time said...

My student teacher gave me that book as a "distraction" to read this summer- hmmm... I don't think she read the first two pages. Let me know if it is any good, ok?

MelissaP05 said...

I've read the book, and it's a tough one to get thru, but it does bring up some interesting points. Let me know what you think about it. I haven't decided yet if I want to see the movie, previews did look like they followed the book pretty closely.

Melissa G said...

I haven't read that book. I've heard it's a doozie. Why does this kind of reminder always show up where you least expect it?!

Hang in there!