Wednesday, July 13, 2011

1 Month Old

I can't believe our baby is one month old already!  It seems like just yesterday that he was born.  I always heard that time really began to fly once you had children and now I can say I truly say that I am a firm believer in that statement.

At One Month:
  • Weighs 7 pounds 14 ounces
  • Measured 21 1/4 inches long
  • Is still wearing Newborn Sized Clothing in most brands but is quickly advancing to the 0-3 month size
  • Is eating about 75 ML per feeding, 8 times per day (but is showing signs of increasing amount any day)
  • Feedings are approximately 3 hours apart, with some as short as 2 hours and some as long as 4 hours
  • Is currently getting only breastmilk and most feedings are by bottle
  • Smiles in sleep frequently and when awake occasionally.  Has smiled one time at Mommy in what appeared to be a social smile situation, but hasn't repeated so that was probably gas.
  • Is beginning to make cooing/giggling sounds occasionally
  • Loves to sleep on Mommy's chest
  • Loves to be held in Daddy's lap on a pillow
  • Has tolerated Tummy Time on floor but prefers to be held by Mommy and do his Tummy Time there.
  • Loves his swing when swinging front to back, doesn't like side to side swinging yet
  • Tolerates rides in car seat quite well for the short distances we have travelled
  • Prefers not to be swaddled (he likes to have his arms near his head)
  • Hasn't really been out in public much
  • Is wearing NB sized Pampers diapers*
  • Has Mommy wrapped around his little finger

And now, some pictures of Carder at 1 Month Old






*You may remember that we have chosen to cloth diaper.  This is still our plan.  The little guy was so small when we brought him home & the cloth diapers seemed to swallow him whole.  Now that they are fitting better, I want to get a firm handle on breastfeeding/pumping plan prior to adding any additional chores.  Hopefully we will be cloth diapering soon.

7 comments:

Anna said...

He looks great!! You're doing a great job as a Mommy! :)

Melissa G said...

He is so handsome! Love the bullet point list!

Carli said...

Glad you like the bullet points. That is how I roll. :o)

Ashley said...

What a cutie! You're right- time absolutely flies! I can't believe our girl is already 3+ months old!

happymomof4 said...

So HANDSOME!!! Love the pictures:) YES time flies, I cannot believe my kiddos are 3, 5 and 3 weeks old. It seems like only yesterday we were bringing our daughter home. Hope that things are going well for you:)

Once Upon A Time said...

Now you are gonna blink and he'll be turning one. Then going to kindergarten. ;) He is super adorable, Carli!

Jamie said...

Awe!!! Such a cute little guy!