Sunday, July 17, 2011

Happy Due Date, Carder!

Today is the day we were told to expect Carder to enter into this world.  In my wildest dreams, I never guessed that he would have already been here for over 5 weeks by the time his due date arrived.  But, regardless of that fact, here we are.

Baby in our house.

Snoozing peacefully on my chest as I type this. [Insert extremely contented sigh with tears welling in eyes here]

God, I love this little baby more than I ever thought it would be possible.

Even though his birth was nothing like I had planned, I wouldn't trade our experience welcoming him into the world for anything.

4 comments:

Shan said...

Congratulations, Mama, for reaching this happy milestone one way or the other. (I have happy tears for you!)

Jamie said...

Yeah!!! Happy day!

Once Upon A Time said...

Happy Due Date Carder! Now can you even imagine your life without him in it???

sienna said...

Happy due date (belated)! catching up on your last several posts. Your photoshoot of carder definitely looks like a professional did it. It's inspiring me to have our photo shoot today. We'll see how it goes ... I can't believe at in the midst of caring for a newborn, that you made a roast. I have not cooked a single thiNg since the baby got here so I'm in awe :o) Those sleepless nights are TOUGh. I'm still having them too.