"WOW, IRON POSTER!!!" you may think.
No, just a new mom who is finally feeling a bit more like herself instead of like Jim Carey in Me, Myself, and Irene where Charlie and Hank battle it out to be the last personality standing.
These last few weeks have been really tough on me. Terribly tough. I was feeling exhausted and overwhelmed and super emotional. I was beginning to wonder if I was suffering from postpartum depression.
Although I may have been on the verge of it, I think I was just exhausted more than anything. Since I am handling all nightime feedings solo AND since Carder has been having some not so peaceful nighttime slumber/ nightime alertness AND the BFing saga, I wasn't getting much sleep. Last night, we got to bed earlier. And the little man slept more. And I woke up more refreshed than I have since before my water broke.
I made a roast for dinner. I washed several loads of laundry. I responded to some emails. I had a photo shoot with my son (and had an absolute ball and got some pretty great pics, too!) And I found time to post a few comments and write a few posts of my own.
Overall, I am happier today. I am feeling more like myself. And more like the Mom I wanted to be. Today was a
Although now I feel like I need a nap. :o) I am going to go pump and then catch a few Zzzzzs!
5 comments:
I am right there with you, with feeling not myself. I am slowly feeling more and more like myself and gradually getting into a routine and doing more wiht the other kiddos. It has been a rough 3 weeks for me, my mom keeps reminding me I had major surgery, in addition to the hormone changes etc... it will take some time. I loved your analogy of Me, Myself and Irene:)
Sounds like you had a wonderful day, cannot wait to see the pictures from the photo shoot:)
Good for you! I hope you have many more days like this in the near future. Now your next post needs to be some of those adorable photo shoot shots!
It can take quite a while to adjust to everything! I'm so glad you're on the way to feeling "normal" again!
Glad things are starting to look up! If another bad day does come around, try to remember that the good days will start coming more often now and the bad ones will get fewer and further between. And if ppd ever does become a real issue for you, you know where you can get ahold of me ;)
Yay for feeling somewhat normal again. It really does just take time. But soon enough, you'll have more days than not when you feel entirely human.
And oh my goodness, Carder is so stinkin' adorable!!!!!!
Post a Comment