Friday, June 12, 2009

The Week in Review

I know, I have been a bad, bad blogger. I have not posted anything in several days. So, I will provide you with my week in review:

Monday, June 8
I called in sick. The cramps were just too much to take. I stayed home and took a pain pill (which was lovely). I know I probably could have gone in to work. But, I was just mentally too exhausted. Derek left for a business trip in New Jersey in the early afternoon. I didn't really do much all day. It was a wonderful Monday.

Tuesday, June 9
Isn't it amazing that when you get used to having someone around how much you miss them when they are gone? I can't sleep without Derek in the bed beside me. So, Tuesday started out with me being very sleepy. I made it through my work day and headed home. Derek and I talked about our next steps and came up with a plan. You know me, I have to have a plan. I began to feel much more capable of facing the rest of the world and the rest of our journey. I could not even begin to tell you what else I did the rest of the night. All I know is that after arriving home, what seemed to be about 30 minutes later it was already 10p.m. On to another sleepless night.

Oh, and about the plan? We are going to take a couple of months off of ART "trying" and enjoy ourselves. Our current plan is to start a FET cycle around the beginning of August using our Frostie. Our next step would be to move on to Donated Frozen Embryos. We are already on one waiting list (2 year wait) and will put ourselves on the shorter waiting list (6 mos. to 1 year) when we find out the outcome of our frozen cycle as there is a fee to get on that list. I think it is a pretty good plan, even if I do say so myself.

Wednesday, June 10
A visit from Mom - after another marvelous day at work, I came home and got to spend a lovely evening with my mom. We sat on our back deck and had a cup of coffee. We went to eat at Texas Roadhouse and had a Margarita. We did a little shopping at Kohl's. We talked. We laughed. We had a great time. I really enjoyed having the middle of my week brightened by a visit from my Mom. Thank you for coming to visit me, Mom!

Thursday, June 11
Happy Birthday Derek!!!! My wonderful husband turned 35. I gave him a call at 6:30 in the morning to be the first person to wish him a happy birthday. I think I succeeded. Since he was in New Jersey, I didn't get to give him any special birthday present or even a birthday spanking, but I will be sure to take care of that when he gets home. After work, I watched the "So You Think You Can Dance" from Wednesday and cried several times because "that was just so beautiful..." Then I watched "Boys on the Side" and cried some more. I guess I was feeling quite emotional. You think???

Friday, June 12
The day Derek comes home! Yippee! I am so glad that the weekend is here. Since my dear husband has phoned to say that he is about 15 minutes away, I am going to end my post here and go spend some quality time with him...

4 comments:

Kerri said...

Isn't it great how moms can always make everything better?

I'm glad to hear you had a good week & I am glad you took Monday off! You deserved it.

It's great that you and Derek have a new plan of action. Sounds like a really good and promising plan to me. Enjoy these next couple of months with no ART. I'm sure your body and mind could both use a break.

Love you!

Lau said...

I was thinking the same thing as Kerri, mums can always make your day brighter. I'm so glad you had some mum-time and it made you feel better.

I know this week must have been tough for you Carli but I seem to notice a lot of peace in your voice and it is so good to see it.

I'm very happy to now you have a plan too. That always helps me relax. And how wonderful to take some time off. A couple of months of not thinking about ART will be like a breath of fresh air.

I hope with all my heart that it helps recharge you and balance your body so you're ready for the next step.

HUGS!

MelissaP05 said...

I wanted to say Thank You for being so supportive of me. I'm so happy for your new plan. I completely understand about wanting to have a plan in place. Have fun these next few months and enjoy yourself, you deserve it. Love ya bunches :-)

Ellie said...

That is so awesome that you have a great relationship with your mom. It sounds like she brought you the company and support you needed this week. I think it's very exciting that you are starting a new plan and that you can kind of look forward to that. Also, it's great that you are taking time off from all this ART and TTC stuff. Will you be able to take any vacations during this time? If you can, I think you'd both enjoy the mental break. Like going on a cruise or something. I know money can sometimes be an issue but you guys so deserve a break from all this! Thank you for the update. You are still in my thoughts almost everyday and I love to stay up to date on how you are doing!

Love you!