Friday, October 15, 2010

No News Isn't Necessarily Good News

So, as you all know (and are waiting on pins and needles to find out the next exciting step in our house selling drama, I am sure), we are under contract with a pesky little contingency.

We had gone to meet with the division of the US Government that could satisfy this pesky little contingency for us about 2 weeks ago.  Even though we had been trying to set up the meeting for 3 months (FOR REALZ - we knew even before the offer that this would make us more marketable), we left that meeting without any answers.  We did, however, have a promise that the gentleman would provide us with some answers by "Friday Week".  That was today.

His answers?  Well, he sent an email saying that he didn't really have any answers.  What a freaking waste of 2 weeks.  Seriously?  How stupid does he think we are???*

So, no more Mr. Nice Couple.  We are taking this fight up the chain of command.  We already left a message for his supervisor tonight.  I am hoping that by Monday we will have some answers.  Just in case we don't get anywhere with that voicemail, I have spent the last couple of hours reading all sorts of legal jargon so that I could be sure I know what their management plan said (and didn't say) in regards to our property.  I think we are now thoroughly schooled and ready to kick some ass and take some names.

But hopefully, we can keep these little gems of knowledge in our back pockets and just talk civilly to government employee #2 and get some definitive answers.  And hopefully some that will settle this damned contingency so that we can MOVE ON with our lives.

Even though my life for the last year has been filled with weeks and weeks of waiting, my patience is running thin.  I am the kind of person who likes to have a plan.  It makes me feel so much more stable when I know what I will be doing 2 weeks from now OR where I will be living.  And right now, I don't know if I should look for a place for us to live and if I should start packing.  I don't know if we should plan on a long distance move as our first and only move or if I should plan on staying in this area a little longer.  I don't know if I should start applying for new jobs or just stick it out in the miserable one I have now. 

And I don't know if I will be pregnant this time next month or if we should have just thrown that 5K out the window.

UGH.  All I do know is that time miraculously seems to be creeping along and moving at the speed of light at the same time.

*  I don't like to dis government employees because I work for a local government. But sometimes you just have to.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

I keep watching your blog to see if anything has changed with the move. It sounds more than frustrating to be dealing with this contingency, especially since you have been trying to deal with it ahead of time. It is not fun when you have delays because of the government's idea of timing to get the job done.