So far things haven't been too bad. I have chilled out quite a bit. I can't tell you how many movies I have watched. My mind has been so busy with everything else going on that I haven't really had too much time to
10 Days of Due Diligence and Temporary Housing -
We are in the 10 Day Due Diligence Period now. The buyers have time to get the house inspected and appraised. During this period, they can back out for any reason. So we aren't packing yet.
Instead, we are trying to make arrangements for the actual act of moving and for housing after the move. We will be staying at our current city for small amount of time. Derek has a bonus coming his way that we will be sticking around to claim. And if the possibility with his job works out, then our only wait at this location is while we house hunt at the new one. If that doesn't work, we also need to be looking for employment in the new location.
We are looking at 2 options - either furnished or unfurnished monthly rentals. The great thing about furnished is that you can just show up with your belongings and live - no need to pack and unpack and then pack again. The bad thing is that they are limited in the # offered and also quite expensive. We are hoping that we can figure something out with a furnished place. We do have an unfurnished place lined up already.
But, since we aren't packing, I wake up in the wee hours of the morning and I am mentally making a list of what we would take to an unfurnished apartment - what items from my kitchen do I REALLY NEED and what would be more of a luxury that I should just pack up?
And once I am awake and mentally packing, I can't clear my mind to go back to sleep. Due to this, I am really exhausted. I have got to get more sleep tonight.
Spreading the Word -
As I have been trying to rest and relax these last few days, my Mom has apparently been spreading the word of our Embryo Adoption to my family members. Although I am very open about my situation with other people, I hadn't told our extended family members about our transfer for a couple of reasons.
The first was that I wanted us to be able to share our news when we felt the time was right. If this works, I want to announce our pregnancy like any other normal couple to our families - when we are ready to share the news - not to have them be calling to ask us if it worked and feeling pressured to share our news when we aren't ready yet. And if it doesn't work, I really didn't want to spend my Thanksgiving Holidays rehashing the sad news with my extended family members. I really would like to focus on what I do have to be thankful for - a possibility of a fresh start in our near future.
The second was that I didn't think that I was ready to share this information with one particular aunt. With our first pregnancy, we shared our news quite early and then had disappointment haunt us. I had an aunt who actually asked me "Were you really pregnant?" (to which I wanted to answer - "No, I was just starved for attention"). This same aunt does not have children. As we were preparing for our first RE consult, I asked her if there was any history I needed to be aware of for this consult that might explain why we were having trouble conceiving. She actually said "Perhaps you should consider the fact that maybe you were meant to raise dogs and not children". Derek thinks I need to let this go, but I am not certain I am ready to just forgive and forget for this yet.
So you can imagine my surprise last night when this aunt called me to ask me all kinds of questions about what she referred to as my "Implant". I suppose my Mom thought that it was appropriate to spread the word. Thanks, Mom.
7 comments:
I can't tell you how many people have called our embryo transfers an "implant!" It makes it sound like I'm having some kind of cosmetic surgery...lol :)
OMG I think I would disown your aunt. For real. I'm so sorry!!!
I'm sorry you have to deal with that. Lately I've been running into more and more reason to keep our infertility a secret from our families!
I'm glad the wait hasn't been too bad for you, because it's killing me. I can't wait to hear your good news! (I hope my uber optimism isn't driving you nuts)
On the house front, I'm still crossing my fingers that things continue to go smoothly - and secretly wishing that you'll be moving out here.
Hugs!
Carli, your strength never ceases to amaze me. Still sending good thoughts your way...
OMG Carli! WOW, your aunt is so insensitive I would probably just cut her off completely. I can not believe some of the things she's said to you. Completely insensitive and inappropriate to say the least. Ignore any calls or emails from her. She is the last person you need to be talking to right now. It's hard enough without her commentary. Thank you for the update on the house. I'm sure the possibility of a new/fresh start is really exciting. I hope everything falls into place perfectly! I'm so excited for all of the possibilities in your very near future!
Thinking about you, Carli! Hoping the days are going by as smooth as possible.
Sorry to hear your mom jumped in and shared the news with your family. After so many years of waiting and loss of control, this was one thing that I feel you and Derek hoped to do on your own terms. Maybe it will result in a few more hopeful prayers your way.
Post a Comment