Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Poker Face

I am not a good poker player.  Neither is my husband.  We can barely play 5 card draw.  But, apparently, we don't suck at it totally.

We told our agent yesterday that we were letting the contract go.  Today, she sent us a document to sign to officially terminate the contract.  I printed it out to take home so that we could sign it and drop it off at her office tomorrow on our way to the transfer.

Shortly after getting this document, our agent phoned to let Derek know that the buyers had changed their offer.  They increased the amount they were willing to pay and asked the real estate agents to kick in even more commission.

So, I guess you could say that we called their bluff and they folded.

So, we are back under contract.  Again.  Our closing date is currently set for the DAY BEFORE THANKSGIVING.

They will have 10 days to complete their inspection and the likes and we will need to start arranging for a place to live and a way to move.

I guess my 2 week wait just got more interesting.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

ouch!
Karina

waiting and wishing said...

Nice! At least you will have plenty of other things to think about in those painfully long two weeks!
P.S. Thanks a lot for that title... I will be going to bed tonight with Lady Gaga in my head!

Once Upon A Time said...

Wow- what a month you are having!
I am fully aware that I haven't been able to comment much lately- but I still read every.single.word. you type. (Go read my comment on Anna's blog after yours). I may literally not be able to comment all the time to show my support, but I AM supporting you, love. I think about you and Derek all the time. I'm there for you, even if you can't see it. Love you! (AND since I probably haven't said it enough, I am so bleeping EXCITED for you right now!!!)

Rach said...

Good deal!

Melissa G said...

Seeeeeee? What did I say about them jumping through hoops for you guys??? LOL.

Fantastic news Carli!!!

It's all falling into place now...

Nink said...

Reminds me of Lady Gaga's song! Good job, guys. :) Way to call their bluff.

Do I Have to Be a D.I.N.K.? said...

Sweet! Sounds like it's all working out! Don't work too hard during your TWW!

Jamie said...

Great news and I hope that was the only hiccup in the process! Excellent poker faces!!!

Good luck with finding movers and a temporary place to call home for the holidays!