So, after several days of negotiations, we are officially under contract on our house. There is still a contingency that we are having to work through, and we are hoping that we will know what is going on with that by the end of this next week. So, we continue to WAIT.
I can tell you that having a contract - even with the contingency - has taken a lot of stress off of our shoulders. It is like there is an end in sight to a chapter of our lives that we would love to close. The weight of the stress of this house has literally gotten about a thousand pounds lighter on our shoulders and we are standing a little taller now.
In addition to receiving the counter from the other couple on Friday, Derek also found out about a possible opportunity in his work life. I won't say much about it right now, but there is a possibility, even if it is a slight one, that this opportunity would work marvelously with our master plan. It would make this long distance move much more feasible.
So, on Friday night, we went to dinner at our favorite local restaurant. We had a delightful meal and a couple of beverages. And we talked about what comes next. We discussed possibilities with our current jobs, what we wanted in our future jobs, how the logistics of the move would work in several scenarios. We dreamed, we smiled. Hell, we LAUGHED. A LOT. It was so nice to be able to spend that time together - without the pressures of feeling trapped by everything weighing down on us.
For so long, we have felt trapped by so much. This House. Our Jobs. Our Infertility. And all of this was adding up to make us 2 stressed out and miserable people. I think we were both beginning to wonder if starting over somewhere else was only a pipe dream. But now, it looks like things are starting to fall into place for us.
The house is under contract.
Our EA cycle is underway.
Could it be that we will soon have the opportunity for everything we have been hoping and praying for for so long? I don't know yet. But I sure hope so.
6 comments:
YAY for being under contract!!! I hope things keep going in the right direction with the contingencies.
And speaking of directions, I can't help but (selfishly) wonder if Derek's job opportunity might take you west??? =) (i know you can't talk right now- just sayin')
And I of course hope and pray that things go tremendously well with your transfer, any updates there?
Hugs!
So happy for you! It sounds like things are really coming together! I think we, infertile couples, sometimes get so stuck in this constant funk that we wonder how we'll ever get out of it. Obviously, a baby is our ultimate goal, but the hope of you selling your house and an upcoming embryo adoption will do the trick for you. Laughing again with your husband must've felt so good! I'm excited for the direction your life is taking you! Good luck with everything. :)
Yay! Sounds like everything is falling into place.
WOO-HOO for being under contract:) Glad that you all were able to ENJOY a night out and smile:) Hoping and praying this smiles stays!
FX'd that both go very, very well!
I am very happy for you both as you are getting closer and closer to your dreams. It is also great to hear that you guys had such a lovely night with laughter and fun. I keep reminding myself that life is what happens when you are busy making plans. Remember to live in the moment and enjoy the good parts of your journey together!
Love you and hope things continue to go well for you guys!
Post a Comment