Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Beta #2, 13DP5DT

First of all, sorry for not posting with this info earlier in the day.  I know those of you who follow me and read often were probably blog-stalking and were wondering WHY I hadn't posted.  Work was busy today, so I didn't have a chance to email in my post (did you KNOW you can do that?  Really cool...)  AND, since we have sold our house and we close on the day before Thanksgiving, I have some packing to do...

Now, on to the news that you have all been waiting for:
Since my first Beta was at 431, we were hoping to see a second Beta of somewhere around 860 to have a 48 hour doubling.  My number was 957.  So, it did a little better than double. 

The nurse said this was a great result and they actually don't even want me to come in for a 3rd test.  My first ultrasound will be on Monday, November 29.  I don't know if we have one really strong little baby growing in there or if there are two.  I guess we will find out in a couple of weeks!  UGH!!! Another 2 week wait!

After that one day where I felt like I had a ton of symptoms, I really haven't had very many.  The nips are still different and the girls are huge.  I am still having some mild cramping off and on.  I am still waking up at night - I am not sure if this is really to pee or if it is all of the stuff running though my head.  And, I am a bit more tired tonight than I have been.

I really don't think that it has completely sunk in yet that we are pregnant.  But really, this is the most pregnant I have ever been.  I keep pinching myself to make sure that this isn't just a dream.  And if it is, nobody wake me up.

13 comments:

waiting and wishing said...

I'm so happy for you! You have so much to be thankful forthis Thanksgiving!!

Java said...

I was definitely stalking you all day! And no I did not know you can email a post! Thanks!

Congrats! Those are GREAT numbers! I'm thinking 2 in there for sure!

Two weeks is going to seem like forever! Don't worry about the symptoms...one day you'll wake up and boom...they will come on full force! Enjoy it while you can!

Kerri said...

Thanks for updating your stalkers. ;)

What a great number. I'm thinking two, but I guess it could just be one super strong little guy or girl. So happy for you!!

Aaron and Jennifer said...

Great news again! :)

Spit Happens said...

Wow Carli, that is so amazing and so exciting! I didn't really have many symptoms until 6 weeks and even then they were off and on. Every time I felt like a symptom subsided I freaked out but the nurse said it was totally normal for hormones to fluctuate, and for symptoms to come and go. Your number is GREAT and it makes me think that there is more than one in there!! This is it!!! You are going to have a baby(ies)!!!!

Melissa G said...

YAYAYAYAY!!!! Thanks for the update ladie! I'm so fricken excited for you!

Alie said...

AHhh!!! I'm also thinking twins! How exciting.

I know how you feel about the symptoms. They'll come in time. And it's different for everyone when/if/how you get them.

You better have a scanner ready for those u/s pics!!! AHHHHHhhhhh! Lol.

happymomof4 said...

YAY!!!! Congrats on the great news. Looking forward to hearing about your ultrasound to find out how many little ones you have growing in there:)

Ashley said...

awesome numbers- congrats!!

Once Upon A Time said...

That is a FANTASTIC number. I'm very much hoping (and thinking) you have a boy and a girl in there... I've got a few things I'd pass your way. :) What are you feeling? Early on I thought I was having a girl and boy- so often those first instincts are right!Don't push yourself too hard with the move and just keep letting youself enjoy this moment and the awesome feelings that come along with it.

Lau said...

Finally I can exhale!

I'm sooooo very happy and excited for you. You're not dreaming, girly, you're pregnant!

Congratulations! Sit back and relax and enjoy it. I know it's another 2 week wait but it will definitely feel different, you'll see.

Lots and lots of hugs, especially to the belly :-)

Kate said...

That's so exciting. DH and I just started to think about Embryo Adoption and I was wondering if you could help shed some light on the whole process and how you got to this amazing moment in your life. You can find me here: www.ziolkowskifamily.blogspot.com

Jamie said...

Awesome news, Carli! I wish you all the very best in this next 2WW and probably a much happier one. And maybe it will be a good thing not to have an appointment to have to fit into your schedule until after the move. Good luck on all fronts!

(((Happy Hugs)))