I had a very restless night – I woke up around 2 am and I slept fitfully after then, tossing and turning and looking at the clock quite frequently. I am sure this was partially due to the fact that I needed to pee, but I had to save that urine!!! I would also venture to say that the suspense was killing me. Finally, at about 6:15, I decided it was a decent enough hour to go ahead and get up. Derek was apparently in the same boat as me, because he got up as well.
I did my thing and placed the stick to cure on the bathroom counter. The hourglass blinked away but I couldn’t watch. I turned my back and leaned against the counter, steeling myself for whatever the result was. I closed my eyes and took a couple of breaths and visualized the result I wanted to see. Then I glanced at Derek and he was looking at the test. I looked down and saw one. GLORIOUS. word. Just one.
Pregnant.*
It couldn’t have been longer than a minute and a half, but there it was staring back at us.
Derek and I hugged. I cried. And cried. I know it is early and that a lot can still happen, but I am cautiously optimistic. I will be happy for what I have today.
I went to the Dr. for my blood draw and we will get those results this afternoon. I am really hoping for a good strong number.** Thank you for all of your thoughts and prayers for us throughout this journey. Please keep us there as the journey continues.
*I took a picture with my iPhone, but it is too fuzzy to use for a post. I also took one with my digital camera. Perhaps I will update this post with my picture later.
**I did have a dream last night in which we got my first number back and it was 130.
8 comments:
I am SO SO happy for you! You are totally right, enjoy what you have today... enjoy being PREGNANT :)
I'm not going to lie-- I did not read your entire post the first time...all I could do was scan excitedly until I saw the word Pregnant!!!! CARLI, YOU ARE PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!! You are the first person I thought of when I woke up this morning & I have been anxiously checking your blog all morning. I am so unbelievably excited and happy for you. I told you it was your time!!! Big hugs to you and enjoy every minute of this...you have waited so long for this miracle. Love you.
Thank you for making the words PREGNANT big and bold, I couldn't wait to read through all your post to get the results.
My heart is filled with joy, Carli. I'm wishing for high numbers and to see the picture (don't care if it's fuzzy!)
Keeping everything crossed for you so things go great. Take it easy and enjoy every minute. We'll be celebrating tonight.
Lots of hugs!
CONGRATULATIONS! I hope you have a smooth and happy pregnancy
YIPPY! This is great news! Enjoy every second!
I am tearing up right now. This is amazing news, Carli. CONGRATULATIONS! I am beyond thrilled for you. Fingers crossed for an excellent beta.
WOO-HOO!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Look forward to hearing that Beta number:)
AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!
Post a Comment